Los Angeles Things To Do In 2 Days
Visit Southern California Recommended
Things To Do In Southern California
Los Angeles is the place for entertainment, sports, music and fun. People move here cause of all the different things they can do here in LA. We can write all day long about all the great things to do in Los Angeles but if you are a visitor here and your time is limited below are a few great options if you only have 2 days in Los Angeles. We know better than most that traffic is a nightmare here in LA LA Land so we have tried to connect the dots based on where you might be staying in Los Angeles.
Staying In The San Fernando Valley or Burbank Area:
The San Fernando Valley is a large section of Los Angeles encompassed by the Hollywood 101 Freeway, the 134 Freeway, the San Diego 5 Freeway and the 118 freeway. If you are here on business of visiting family in and around this area the list below will help better get the main sights and attractions out of the way.
1. Visit Malibu and PCH - This short drive up and over Topanga Canyon or Malibu Canyon off the 101 freeway is great to spend a day at our famous beaches. Get a bite to eat at any of the local area restaurants along the coast and if you have time walk the sand, check out the beach homes and maybe dip the toes in the ocean.
Read More about Topganga beach and Malibu Surfrider Beach...
Get better insight into the restaurants along PCH here...
2. Do a Day At Universal Studios Hollywood and City Walk - Universal Studios Hollywood and City Walk are actually located in Universal City which is in the Studio City area of the San Fernando Valley. The theme park for Universal Studios is a great visit for movie and TV lovers and kids of all ages. They have plenty of theme park movie realted rides, food and games. City Walk just outside the theme park hosts fun activities and dining options for families and groups. Traffic depending on what part of the valley you are coming from is usually no more than 30 minutes so it a short drive for what will end up being a full day of fun. You will most likely use the 101 Hollywood freeway to access Univeral Studios but of you are in Burbank you will be taking the 134 freeway to Lankershim Blvd to get to the theme park.
Become a Benefits Member and get discounted Universal Studios tickets and access to other Southern California attractions...
Staying in Hollywood or West Los Angeles/Beverly Hills Area:
If staying in and around this part of Los Angeles (please note that Hollywood, West LA and Beverly Hills without traffic or all within a 5-10 minute driving distance) for 2 days you will want to check out the nightlife scene of Sunset Blvd and some great sightseeing spots in the Hollywood area.
1. Hollywood Blvd for a few hours - You have heard the famed stories or seen the coverage online, but all te characters (but literally and figuratively) adorn Hollwood Blvd. Take pictures, do some shopping and sightseeing and pay attention to all the Hollywood legends who's names are on the ground you walk on. The dining options here are pretty standard and nothing worth sticking around for.
2. Sunset Strip - If you are over 21 head down to the famed Sunset Strip on Sunset Blvd off of Fairfax Ave. You have a choices of great dining and club nightlife down here. The Rosevelt Hotel is a famous spot to attend and celebrity sightings are aplenty at night. The energy and music scene down here is the stuff that legends came from.
3. Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills - For day number 2 head on in to Beverly Hills pay your big $$$ to park and spend the day shopping and dining on or around Rodeo Drive. If anything just look at the prices of the items in the neighborhood. It is pretty mind blowing to check out! You will run into your occasinonal celebrity in this area and if you are a car person just walk the streets and let your eyes melt on some of the vehicles in Beverly Hills.
Visit Southern California can go on and on about Los Angeles but this post was simply to get you the most out of 2 days in Los Angeles. We will cover Downtown LA and LA Live in another post. We excluded them here as they are more of specialty visit for business professionals or people looking to come watch their favorite sports team. We know you will enjoy your time here in LA and if you follow these suggestions you can maximize your time and save the rest for a longer return to Los Angeles. Let us know if you have some other suggestions below as we want to hear from you and always look to improve these posts so it is more informative to the end user.